VIDIS SUMMER SCHOOL 2022, 5-8 July 2022 Borkovac, Ruma, Serbia
Innovative methods in air pollution and atmospheric aerosols monitoring and modelling
VIDIS project team is proud to announce VIDIS SUMMER SCHOOL which will be held from 5 to 8 July 2022 in Hotel Borkovac, Ruma, Serbia.
BACKGROUND AND AIM
The Summer School is organized as part of the H2020 VIDIS project, and it will showcase the most recent research and development activities related to air quality and atmospheric aerosols. VIDIS summer school aims to present innovative methods and tools in air quality and atmospheric aerosols monitoring, modelling and management. The summer school will provide participants with both theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in relation to low-cost PM sensors, and other sensing technologies for air quality management and control.
SUMMER SCHOOL PARTICIPATION BENEFIT
Participants will have an opportunity:
• To use air quality low-cost sensors/devices developed by the VIDIS partners and related projects and make sense of the collected data through visualization platforms. A team of VIDIS project participants will be there to guide participants throughout these exercises.
• To follow remotely and participate in experiments with aerosol mass spectrometers (AMS), particle in liquid sampler (PILS), and to conduct (remotely) in situ measurements using scanning mobility and optical particle sizers.
• To perform calibration of low-cost sensors using both common techniques and state-of-the-art machine learning approaches.
• To demonstrate data fusion technologies that utilize measurement data of different temporal and spatial resolution e.g. satellite data and ground-level PM data
• To present their own research through poster(s)
Please check the official flyer for application procedure and summer school programme. Looking forward to seeing you at the summer school!
The application deadline has been extended to May 15th .